The difference between a good web designer and a bad one isn’t always just the absence of the right design skills in the latter. More often than not, it is the inability to interpret the needs of a business or brand and build a website. That is why you need to carefully choose the web design agency to build your website.
Your web designer is responsible for the following:
- The functionality of the website
- User experience
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Color and theme
- Design and layout
- Integration with plugins
- Mobile compatibility, etc.
These features are vital for your website’s overall performance. A poor website can severely impact your business by lowering your brand image. Imagine if Amazon or eBay looked like an amateur project, complete with lags and poor rendering.
To maximize the impact of your website, you have to carefully search for a designer that knows what web design is and can build a beautiful and functional website for you. Here are some qualities to consider:
Qualities of a Good Web Designer
The web designer that you hire must possess these five qualities:
- Programming skills: There are several programming languages used to build websites today. Your ideal web designer should know at least one of those languages. That is important because today, many drag-and-drop platforms exist. Your developer must know how to build a website from scratch and how to tackle backend issues when they arise.
- Communication: You want a designer that can clearly understand and translate your ideas into a beautiful website. You also want a developer that can communicate with you in clear and simple terms. Two-way communication between you and the developer facilitates the building of a satisfactory website that expresses your ideas.
- Creativity: Creativity is a non-negotiable quality that every designer must possess. Web design is a dynamic field, and for your website to favorably compete with others in your niche, creativity is not optional. Find someone creative to build a trendy, yet solid website that can attract the right audience.
- Efficient and goal-oriented: Hire a designer that understands deadlines and keeps to them. Publishing your website late can affect your business in several negative ways. Find a goal-oriented designer who can deliver results within a fixed time.
- Access to design software: Modern designers need some top-notch software to create websites that meet modern standards. Always check that a designer has the right software before hiring them.